Rs. 74.00 Rs. 80.00
Khadiradi Gutika is an ayurvedic and herbal remedy used for mouth ulcer, pharyngitis (sore throat) and other diseases of teeth, gums, tongue and throat. Khadiradi Gutika acts as oral antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent and expectorant. Therefore, it is beneficial especially in sore throat and tonsillitis or infections of tonsils.
Ingredients (Composition) of Khadiradi Gutika:
1. Khadira Saar (Kattha) – Catechu (Acacia Catechu Extract)
2. Javitri (Mace)
3. Kankol (Sheetal Chini or Kabab Chini) – Cubeb (Tailed Pepper) – Piper Cubeba
4. Bhimseni Kapoor – Natural Camphor – Cinnamomum Camphora
5. Supari – Areca nut
Phytochemistry (Chemical Composition) of Khadiradi Gutika
2. Catechuic Acid
4. Protocatechuic Acid
Medicinal Properties of Khadiradi Gutika
4. Antiseptic (appears in oral cavity)
6. Emollient (Soothing Effect On Throat)
Therapeutic Indications of Khadiradi Gutika:
1. Laryngitis (Hoarseness or Loss of Voice)
2. Mouth Ulcers
3. Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
6. Tonsils Infections
8. Toothache (rarely used)
9. Cough (especially due to throat irritation)
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Khadiradi Gutika
1. Laryngitis (Hoarseness Or Loss Of Voice) - The anti-inflammatory and soothing action of Khadiradi Vati reduces inflammation of larynx (voice box). It provides a clear voice and reduces hoarseness by reducing irritation and swelling of vocal cord. If hoarseness is caused by overuse, then Ashwagandha extract should also be used with milk in addition to Khadiradi Vati.Sitopaladi Churna, Yashad (Jasad) Bhasma and Gandhak Rasayan with honey should also be used with Khadiradi Vati for quick relief.
2. Mouth Ulcers & Stomatitis - Khadiradi Vati reduces pain and burning sensation associated with mouth ulcer. It reduces inflammation of mucus membranes, which gives relief in Stomatitis. For best results, licorice (Mulethi or Yashtimadhu or Glycyrrhiza Glabra) should also be used in such condition.
3. Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) - In combination with Sitopaladi Churna, Yashad (Jasad) Bhasma and Gandhak Rasayan, taking Khadiradi Vati provides quick relief in sore throat by its emollient (soothing) action. In addition to this, Khadiradi Vati also inhibits the growth of bacteria, which may be a cause of sore throat.
4. Tonsillitis & Tonsils Infections - Khadiradi Vati may not alone work in tonsil infections, so it is used along with Sitopaladi Churna, Yashad (Jasad) Bhasma and Gandhak Rasayan. However, it helps reduce irritation, pain and inflammation of the tonsils.
Dosage & Administration of Khadiradi Gutika
Khadiradi Gutika is actually used as lozenges. The general dosage of Khadiradi Gutika is as follows.
Children - 1 Tablet (twice or thrice daily)
Adults - 1 Tablet (4 to 6 times a day)
Precautions Of Khadiradi Gutika
The safety profile of Khadiradi Vati is not well established. According to the analysis its ingredients, it is possibly safe for a short duration when taken under medical supervision.
Khadiradi Gutika contains Natural Camphor derived from the Camphor tree. The high doses of Camphor may lead to severe side effects. However, Khadiradi Gutika is available in the market with different ingredients. One should check the camphor ingredient and its quantity used in the formulation.One tablet of Khadiradi Gutika may contain camphor up to 31.25 mg. The severe side effects appear when the total dosage of camphor is increased from 750 mg per day. However, some research studies have shown camphor may also cause seizures and side effects even in smaller doses. The common side effects with high doses of camphor are:
1. Abdominal pain
If any of these symptoms appears, one should immediately stop taking Khadiradi Gutika and seek immediate medical attention. The chronic side effects may include:
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.