Indukantham Ghritam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine, used mainly of abdominal diseases. This medicine is formulated based on the principles of Kerala Ayurveda. This product is also known as Indukantham ghee.
Indukantham Ghrita benefits:
- It is used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of abdominal pain, chronic fever, bloating, weakness, and tiredness.
- It also gives strength. For cough in the aged, this works better than the decoction of the same name.
- To eradicate malaria from the system, a daily dose is useful.
Doctors prescribe this medicine also for
- Dry skin, allergic skin conditions
- Dry cough, allergic cough, allergic rhinitis due to ingredients such as ginger and long pepper.
- Ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome associated with constipation
Indukantham Ghritham dosage:
As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.