Doctors also prescribe this for
- Obesity, to lose weight
- High cholesterol
- Dark pigmentation on facial skin
- Uterine fibroids, fatty liver changes
Guggulutiktam Kashayam side effects:
- In very high doses, it may worsen gastritis.
- It is not suited in people with high Pitta conditions (sensitive stomach and skin). In them, further dilution with water might be required. It is best to administer this after food in sensitive stomach patients.
- One person complained of red rashes all over the body following its intake after 1 week.
- It is best to avoid this during pregnancy.
- It can be administered in lower doses during the lactation period and in children for a shorter period of few weeks of time.
Guggulutiktakam Kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day, or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
- As per traditional reference, it is advised along with rock salt and jaggery.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with an equal quantity of water and should be taken.
Adjuvants: Guggulu fried and ground – 2 gm, honey, purified sulphur, Rasa sindhooram or Siddha makaradhwajam.
Guggulutiktam Kashayam ingredients:
The kashayam is actually prepared by the formula of herbal ghee called – Guggulutiktaka Ghrita.
The herbal ingredients of this herbal ghee preparation are used to prepare water decoction, which are:
- Nimba – neem – Azadirachta indica
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Vyaghri – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Suradaru – Cedrus deodara
- Gajopakulya – Piper chaba
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Nagara – Zingiber officinalis
- Nisha – Turmeric
- Mishreya – Anethum sowa
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Tejovati – Zanthoxylum alatum
- Maricha – Black pepper
- Vatsaka – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Deepyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Rohini – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Arushkara – Purified Semecarpus anacardium
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Kanamoola – Piper longum – root
- Yukta – Pluchea lanceolata
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Vishani – Aconitum species
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Shuddha Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul